Top 10 Richest Countries In Africa By GDP Per Capita 2022
Although Africa is still a developing continent till today, there are a few countries that are extremely wealthy by their GDP per capita.
Per capita income or total income measures the average income earned per person in a given area in a specified year.
It is calculated by dividing the area’s total income by its total population. Per capita income is national income divided by population size.
What is the richest country in Africa GDP per capita?
Seychelles is now the richest country in Africa this year, with a GDP per capita of $12,648 today.
Taking the 2nd place as the wealthiest African country is none other than Mauritius with one of the highest GDP per capita in Africa.
Below are the countries in Africa today that have the highest GDP per capita in Africa making them the richest countries in the continent.
Richest Countries In Africa GDP per Capita:
- Seychelles. GDP per capita: $12,648.
- Mauritius. GDP per capita: $9,648.
- Gabon. GDP per capita: $8,785.
- Equatorial Guinea. GDP per capita: $8,125.
- Botswana. GDP per capita: $7,836.
- South Africa. GDP per capita: $5,497.
- Namibia. GDP per capita: $4,412.
- Egypt. GDP per capita: $3,806.
- Eswatini. GDP per capita: $3,720.
- Tunisia. GDP per capita: $3,690.
When it comes to the most rich nations in the continent of Africa as of this year.
The rank above shows Africa’s most wealthy countries by GDP per capita.